Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cooler In My Youth

I think I used to be cooler... A lot more funny and smart about it all. Now I'm just inscrutably stony.


Jake's Mini Mushroom Cloud, circa 2005.

One time, back a few years ago, I stopped in at my brother's house and all he was doing that day was blowing stuff up. We didn't say much to each other, just made "mini mushroom clouds" ... actually, they weren't that mini. I conducted a little research and executed some basic math to get an educated guess for the height of this one (pictured above). See that 5 gallon bucket to the left? I went to HomeDepot.com (and measured one in my basement) and found that they are about 14.5 inches high. So, with that info, I am able to guess this ball of fire measures close to 19 feet 4 inches in height. Or, maybe that's not even a 5 gallon bucket...

No comments: